I’m blinded and you can’t see it,
I’m close and you won’t knock.
I choke on non- existent tears,
And you’re trapped in your own.
I drown in my transgressions,
And you wallow in self- pity.
I stare and know that though not alone,
I’m lonely.
How then can I, cling onto you,
Make you hold on tight till all slips away,
When you’re probably thinking the same,
About me.
Sometimes, it's funny how we only see ourselves standing alone in this world. And it makes us bitter, enraged, confused and hurt. Then from the inside out, we cry out, to no avail, because it isn't something audible or explainable with words. Then, we wonder if people around actually feel the same, if they even notice or realise the internal lashing. And because of that, there are people who inflict hurt- physical, emotional, mental and spiritual- upon themselves.
I guess, everyone has their own tune to their own cries. How good it is if we could just hear one another. Or maybe, we just choose not to, because we believe it only happens to us. And who knows, maybe it is really only us.
So, people stumble on straight- faced, laughing and oblivious, refusing to look at others in case they see themselves in there- actually uncertain of themselves.
1 comment:
Ouch. BURN. Tsk2.
Post a Comment